Nice to meet you



Hi Internet land! I'm Danielle/ Elle. I run a shop called Hip My Trip (also see the Etsy), making custom travel maps from special trips. I started this blog because I wanted a platform to share stories and tips about travel, alongside using pretty maps as helpful visual tools.

My initial goal for this page was to be a place for sharing blogs and stories of not just mine but others' too, but I'm still not sure how to do that in the right way. I want to cultivate community, but it's unfair if I'm using others' content (even with clear and proper credit) if the end goal is ultimately to lift my brand. So, for now it might be stories of my travels until I figure that out. << If anyone has ideas I'd love to hear, message me: hello@hipmytrip.com >>


I've been a professional graphic designer for over 6 years now. The first 5 years in Minneapolis, MN, and about a year ago is when I began working remotely from different locations around the globe. A "digital nomad" some might say! 

The plan was to trip around the world, and return to the graphic design job in Minneapolis I enjoyed. Well, as you might assume, things can change if you let it! On the last end of my trip, I fell in love in Rome and long story short, this is where I currently reside. 

What does this have to do with Hip My Trip?

Well, what rang so true was how much travel can help build and strengthen a relationship like nothing else.

Experiencing BOTH the highs (landscapes, adventure, food.....) and the lows (sprinting to your train, getting un-lost, dealing with food poisoning- *ahem* me....) means you are building memories, skills, deescalating tactics that create a solid bond. 


It isn't about seeing the Vatican, or taking that selfie on a gondola ride, it's about the process you took to get there that matters more. 

And the truth is, this goes for relationships with others but also a relationship with yourself.

The journey you take is an art in itself. You have a blank canvas in front of you with a paint brush dipped in excitement and curiosity. You deal with unexpected but unavoidable setbacks that, because of your sense of adventure and determination, you overcome. You might meander away from your original plan a bit and come back in a different way, or turn completely in a different direction and end up somewhere you'd never imagine but are grateful for where you find yourself nonetheless. When you find yourself done with this particular piece of art, you hold it up with pride....and are excited to start planning for your next blank canvas.

I hope these customized travel maps bring you (and/or your travel buddies) joy.

Follow the IG:


@hipmytrip_mapart

Comments

Popular Posts